[chandler-users] Can't set up sync with Google Calendar; because of server sharing account?

Brian Morton chandler at pomo2go.com
Wed Feb 11 10:23:32 PST 2009

Hi Ralph,

Subscribing with the URL that Chandler provides is hit and miss in my
experience. The solution I use seems to work reliably. I've pasted it
in from a previous email to the list.

<snip>

Anyway, Google Calendar was choking with any of the available URL's
Chandler Hub was providing and sending an error that it could not 'get
the url.

The solution for me was to:

What You Get From Chandler: (from the 'invite' link)
https://hub.chandlerproject.org/pim/collection/BigLongCollectionNumber?ticket=SmallTicketNumber

What You Want For Google:
webcal://hub.chandlerproject.org/webcal/collection/BigLongCollectionNumber5?ticket=SmallTicketNumber

The solution is to replace the 'https' and 'pim' in the first link
with 'webcal' like in the second link. Then you can "add by URL" into
google and see your collection from Chandler Hub.

This works with Apps For Your Domain and regular GMail calendars.

Hope this helps someone,

</snip>