[chandler-users] Hi from a new user and some questions

Graham Perrin G.J.Perrin at bton.ac.uk
Tue Feb 10 07:22:33 PST 2009

Bart Volgers wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I ran into chandler and like the ideas implemented. …
>
> … Having tested your application for about two hours and finding the above
> described drawbacks. I come to the conclusion chandler has still some
> major issues that developers should take care of before chandler comes to
> maturity.
>
> I hope my comment will be helpful in developing chandler. I will keep
> track of future developments. And hope this promising app will come to
> maturety soon.
>
> Regards, Bart

Selected points of reference, in no particular order:

http://blog.chandlerproject.org/2008/09/11/chandler-project-next-steps/
Chandler Project: Next Steps  (September 2008)

http://chandlerproject.org/Notes/UserAdvisoryGroupCharterDraft Chandler
Wiki: User Advisory Group Charter Draft  (November 2008)

http://n2.nabble.com/-tp2120039p2120039.html Planning through end of Feb
2009

<http://www.osafoundation.org/> presents the OSAF mission and a little
history.

Google leads me to
http://people.osafoundation.org/jeffrey/rearch_documentation/ The New
Chandler Project (rearchitecture) — Chandler v2.0 documentation
which rings a bell, I can't recall how I first found that documentation but
AFAIR it's by the developer(s) for the developers during the
re-architecture.

That 2.0 stuff reminds me that I should tidy up my phraseology … I tend to
say "everything in Chandler is a note; probably truer to say "everything in
Chandler is an item". <http://chandlerproject.org/Projects/DashboardIcons>
and  http://chandlerproject.org/Projects/ChandlerGlossary Chandler Glossary
can be rationalised in due course but probably good to wait until a
reasonable point during/after the re-architecture :)

Looking forward to any additional insight from others in the Chandler
community … I'm still fairly new.

Regards
Graham