[chandler-users] Moderator for chandler-users needed

Jared Rhine jared at wordzoo.com
Mon Feb 9 23:19:45 PST 2009

I'm about to approve a wide variety of messages sent to chandler-users
which have been caught in the moderation queue and thus never seen on
the list.

The chandler-users list uses a configuration that allows anyone to post
to the list, but if they aren't an existing member or previously
approved, their message is held for moderation.  This was a compromise
configuration used as we set up chandler-users for user support coming
up to the Preview release.

Sometime in the last couple months, whoever was moderating the list
stopped doing so, and we're not actually sure who was doing it before.
This is bad because new people send to the list and never get any answers.

Apologies for any duplicated messages sent to the list because of my
processing the backlog.

Someday, we'll get back to moving support to a web forum or combined
system, but in the mean time, we either need an active moderator or to
close the list to non-subscribers so messages don't just vanish.
Moderation involves getting notices of when new messages are held.  You
then use a web UI to either trash the message (generally because of
spam) or approve the message (in which case it gets forwarded to the list).

I'm not personally willing to moderate the list as I'm not active enough
here and unfortunately have enough other OSAF/Chandler-related
administrative tasks I manage.

Volunteers?

-- Jared