[chandler-users] note-specific URLs and/or tickets; hashes of UIDs etc. (was: Easy? And interesting feature to add?)

Graham Perrin G.J.Perrin at bton.ac.uk
Mon Feb 9 10:09:41 PST 2009

Jos Yule wrote:
> Re: ID's and the like. There has been requests to allow one to "link" one
> note to another note. Some suggestions have been to have some kind of
> human readable Hash (note id: 1X3B), which you could then use like a URL
> to link to a note with that id ( http://1X3B).

note-specific URLs and/or tickets

Would a human-readable hash be dependent upon, or parallel to, enhancement
bug 12670?

> This could be extended to Collections too, where each collection would
> have an ID, which you could then use as you write about below.

A hash of the 36-character UID?

I like the idea of human readable, but I wonder whether at some point the
'bearer' of a hash will communicate it to other users, not realising that
the hash may be _not_ unique.

Issue 12670 is one for which I would cast a vote — reference to a specific
point (a note) within a collection is highly desirable — but there's no
voting for Cosmo.

Sent from the Chandler users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.