[chandler-users] Easy? And interesting feature to add? (Jos Yule)

Johan Pretorius pretoriusjf at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 19:43:52 PST 2009

I agree that linking notes to each other in this fashion may be useful - but
Francois, wouldn't you be abusing Chandler a little bit if you used the hash
codes as references in your paper notes?  It breaks the paradigm of keeping
all your notes in one place - hence introducing the possibility of losing
notes, or getting confused between which version of a note is the more
current one (shouldn't be a problem for the average human, except if you had
a really large amount of notes - and except that it makes you inefficient,
because you have to sit there and figure it out.  This is why you have a
note-taking system in the first place.)

Would it not be more useful and safe to have the option of printing out your
items and just editing the printout by hand - then feed your edits into
Chandler and discard the page, so the paper is strictly temporary?

Or am I missing a use case?

Regards,
Johan