[chandler-users] Richt-text on notes field

Paul Mattal paul at mattal.com
Wed Sep 17 04:21:13 PDT 2008

> For what it's worth, I'm a big enemy of rich text "just like that"'.
> I like rich text with a meaning, so I'd rather see something like
> ReStructuredText indeed so that structure is preferred over "niceness"
> in the notes field.

I'm going to play devil's advocate here for a second.

I don't think the text field should be rich. I think it should be plain
old text. It's predictable, doesn't need a syntax guide or other
toolbars, works great on mobile devices, etc. It's easy to figure out
how to do bullets or whatever else you want.

What can you do with rich text that is so much better than ASCII?

- P