[chandler-users] feature: task evolution

Giuseppe Passino giuseppe.passino at elec.qmul.ac.uk
Wed Oct 1 09:12:51 PDT 2008

Dear all,

I'm currently using chandler to track my work and manage different
tasks. My idea was to have a flexible and more dynamic todo-list.
Unfortunately, apparently chandler is not very rich in terms of details
to add to the notes. Sure, you can change the status of the note to
"later", and add some details, but the evolution of the task is not
tracked. In particular, the most annoying thing is that every time yuo
change the note the date gets updated, so the date in which the item was
created is lost.

Another example is when you close an item (mark it as "done"): the date
of closing is not saved, but only the last modification date is. So, if
you want to add some detail to a note once it has been marked as "done",
you'll lose the reference to when this has been done.

Is there any workaround for this? Maybe it would be a nice new feature
to add as well.

Best wishes,

Giuseppe

Giuseppe Passino
Research Student
Multimedia & Vision Research Group
School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science
Queen Mary University of London
Engineering Building Room 104
Mile End Road, London E1 4NS (UK)

email: giuseppe.passino at elec.qmul.ac.uk