[chandler-users] Chandler-Users on GMANE

Drew Jensen drewjensen.inbox at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 09:32:44 PST 2008

Jared Rhine wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-11-13 at 23:40 +0200, Fritz Meissner wrote:
>
>> Sorry to disappoint you, but those lists have been on gmane all along
>> - it's where I follow the developers' list. That's why I found it odd
>> that the users list was the odd one out.
>>

> Yup, most of our list our quite venerable; the users list wasn't added
> until a good deal before preview when we define the separate user
> support channel.  The coordination with gmane wasn't done at that time,
> bummer.
>
> I'd be very pleased to see chandler-users on gmane, and excited to have
> someone do the coordination to make it happen.  It'd be awesome to have
> the historical archives as well, so if we could ask about that, I can
> provide all the archives in whatever format required from the OSAF
> servers.
>
> Many of the these 3rd party archives support posting, if the
> infrastructure is set up.  That'd be an interesting option to look into
> and I can also support any infrastructure for that.

If no one objects I can go ahead and handle setting this up over this
weekend.

Took a few minutes today to check out what archives are already there.

One in particular seems to have a small problem "gmane.org.osaf.cosmo",
the archive seems to be pulling emails still as I see one from 2 days ago.
However the link to "Original Archive List" seems to be broken:
Current setting - http://lists.osafoundation.org/pipermail/cosmo and
this comes up with link not found error.

All the other current entries seem to link properly to the original
archive stores.

As for posting via the archive, I know they do support it and many folks
do so at some of the other lists I participate in, so I'll see if that
can be turned on also.

Which leaves the question of what to name it.
gmane.org.osaf.chandler
gmane.org.osaf.chandler-user
???

Let me know what folks think on that.