[chandler-users] Unpublishing a collection

Mimi Yin mimi at osafoundation.org
Wed Nov 5 10:21:22 PST 2008

Hi Matt,

I imagine that what is happening is that Chandler is trying to find
the server and getting stuck when it can't find it. I'm not aware of
a good workaround for this. The quickest way for you to resolve this
would be to select-all the items in each collections and add them to
new collections and delete the old collections. (When you delete the
old collections, you will be given a number of options on 2 separate
dialogs:

1. Delete *just* the old collections, not the items in them and
2. You should probably also choose to "leave the collections on the
server" rather than unpublishing it, otherwise you will run into the
same "hanging" problem. Since the server no longer exists, doing this
shouldn't have any side-effects. (Fingers-crossed.)

Dragging multiple items around is a bit hacky right now, but you can
do it, if you follow the instructions here: http://
chandlerproject.org/Projects/TroubleshootChandler#I%20can't%20drag%
20multiple%20items%20into

Hope that helps.

Best,
Mimi