[chandler-users] Email?

Sheila Mooney sheila at osafoundation.org
Tue May 27 10:37:00 PDT 2008

Ian,

Yes, Chandler is not an email client. Continuing to build out email
functionality is one of our goals for cultivating a healthy developer
community.

Sorry you are disappointed with what the project has become. OSAF
never claimed to be an Outlook competitor, though others certainly
made the comparison. Even so, it's been several years since we've
talked about Chandler as a straight-up email client and it's been a
challenge to set the record straight so-to-speak on what the project
is and isn't.

We certainly do not feel the project is a waste of time and we have
many users who are finding it highly valuable today in tandem with
their email clients, including myself. We have been posting a series
of user stories on our blog and I encourage you to read through them
to see how others are using the product despite the lack of email
features.

http://blog.chandlerproject.org/category/howiusechandler/

Cheers,
Sheila