[chandler-users] A few bugs and issues

Jeffrey Harris jeffrey at osafoundation.org
Fri May 23 11:51:38 PDT 2008

Hi Ben,

> The collections had been created in the desktop UI. The same issues were
> true for ones I had created, as well as the "system" created ones, such
> as the default personal calendar. In other words, they all gave me
> invalid URLs, since they did not have the &ticket=12345 attached.

Odd.  I haven't seen that behavior.  What you've seen is what I
associate with trying to share the collection created by the server for
all new accounts (the collection whose name is first-name last-name).
The server doesn't create tickets for new collections automatically, but
the desktop does and expects collections to already have tickets, which
is the source of this particular problem.

In any case, I'm glad you've found a workaround for now.  We should have
this class of problems fixed when we fix bug 11844 (don't assume
collections have tickets).

> Also, off-topic here. We are pretty into Chandler here, and are going to
> probably develop on top of it. What path is the best for us to get into
> the mix of discussions with the OSAF folks about what features might be
> worth creating in a more generic manner, such that your team might be
> able to integrate them, if you liked them of course :)

Lovely to hear that you're into Chandler!

The place to talk about coding Chandler is
chandler-dev at osafoundation.org, or you can find us in
irc://irc.freenode.net/chandler

It'd be great to hear about what features you're interested in,
especially if you're interested in throwing some development time at
Chandler.

Sincerely,
Jeffrey