[chandler-users] A few bugs and issues

Ben Listwon ben at involutionstudios.com
Wed May 21 19:09:13 PDT 2008

> Ah, actually, after a quick peek at the web ui, a couple thoughts
> about both questions

> > Biggest Issue - Sharing Collections
> > BUG #1: The first bug here is that when you choose invite, you only
> > see the view-and-edit
> > link, there is no view-only link.
> >
> > BUG #2 ?: When I send that link to another user, and they try to
> > subscribe, the server
> > returns a 403, and a rather large XML message about insufficient
> > privileges. I put a
> > question mark on this, since it may be a privilege setting that I do
> > not know how to find,
> > rather than a bug. (If you want/need the XML message, I'll dig it up
> > for you).
> >

> How is your server configured? Are you running behind an apache
> reverse proxy? If so, you'll need to make sure you've specified
> reverse proxy settings in the appropriate spots:
>
> http://chandlerproject.org/Documentation/ServerBundleReverseProxy
>
> Depending on the answer, this could potentially be the cause of both
> problems.

No, no yuckiness there. In fact, the server is running simply with the
embedded Tomcat, etc that comes in the app distribution. The only only
configuration change that was made is to enable the SSL version, and
comment out the plain old http version.

>   It would help to diagnose the specific problem you're having it you
> could paste the link you're being given (the one returning the 403).
> If security is a concern, feel free to replace the uuid (the long
> string of the form xxxx-xxxxxxx-xxxx.. etc) and the ticket key.

Sure. You can't get to our server anyway, as it is inside only. But in
case it will give you clues, it is:
https://192.168.1.80:8443/chandler/pim/collection/5a67d4a0-2213-11dd-99ef-943f796ad894

> In general, make sure to read through
>
> http://chandlerproject.org/Developers/ServerBundleAdministrator
>
> if you haven't already, as it covers a number of possible pain points.

Yeh, read all the docs thoroughly at setup time. The one you mention
probably helped avert a lot of headache :)

> Thanks again,
>
> -Travis

Benjamin Listwon

Principal, Involution Studios