[chandler-users] Chandler as a tray-icon and quick-entry of data via keyboard shortcuts and quick-entry dialog

Andre Mueninghoff andre_mueninghoff at fastmail.fm
Wed May 21 17:18:43 PDT 2008

That's it, Mimi, a place to drop in the many tidbits of info, new
potential projects, tasks, phone numbers, etc., that all well eventually
have a more formal home in Chandler, but, for now, at least are in the
bucket.

I agree with Marcelo also that some kind of quick-entry widget on the
desktop would be useful also. The reality remains that the full desktop
Chandler app can be a little "sleepy" in performance at the most
inconvenient moment.

Short of a Google Desktop widget for this, I have used Jeffrey's iGoogle
Quick Entry widget for effectively the same purpose. I'm not up on the
plumbing, but perhaps it is only an incremental lift to clone a Google
Desktop widget from the iGoogle widget...maybe a "Chandler Everywhere"
strategy.  :)

-Andre