[chandler-users] dashboard calendar

Rick Rawson rer1 at cornell.edu
Wed May 21 11:07:33 PDT 2008

Grant,

Previous to v0.7.6, clicking the Calendar toolbar button with the
Dashboard selected would always give me a triage table. In v0.7.6,
whether I see a calendar or a triage table depends on what is selected
under Tools >> Select View...

Upon my first use of the toolbar button after installing v0.7.6, I saw a
calendar, suggesting that Tools >> Select View... was set by default to
"calendar view". Considering that I didn't even know that the Tools menu
had a "Select View..." option, it seems unlikely that I would have
inadvertently changed the view option.

It seems to me that Tools >> Select View... is doing just what it
should. Anyway, to provide a little data, I set Tools >> Select View...
to "Triage Table View". I exported my data to a chex file, then...

1. restarted Chandler with a fresh repository. Clicking the Calendar
toolbar button with the Dashboard selected gave me a triage table.

2. reloaded my chex file. Clicking the Calendar toolbar button with the
Dashboard selected gave me a triage table.

3. set Tools >> Select View... to "Calendar View," saved my data to a
chex file, restarted Chandler with a fresh repository. Clicking the
Calendar toolbar button with the Dashboard selected gave me a triage
table (contrary to what I would have predicted, since I had selected
Calendar view prior to exporting my data and quitting Chandler).

4. reloaded my chex file. Clicking the Calendar toolbar button with the
Dashboard selected gave me a triage table.

Therefore, I am at a loss to explain why I saw a calendar with the
Dashboard selected, without ever having messed with Tools >> Select
View...  But, here's where things get more interesting...

5. I have three four calendars that overlay each other. All four
calendars display either a triage table or a calendar depending on how I
set Tools >> Select View. All four show either a calendar or they show a
triage table. They are not independent.

I have four other calendars that do NOT overlay any other calendars and
what I see with the Calendar toolbar button selected depends on the
Tools >> Select View setting for each collection, independently.

The Dashboard view also seems to be independent of any other collection.

Hope my descriptions made sense. Frankly, I like what Chandler is doing. :)

Rick