[chandler-users] Notifications

Rick Rawson rer1 at cornell.edu
Mon May 5 05:41:18 PDT 2008

I concur with Benjamin's notification requests, copied below. In
addition, THE most frustrating part about the current reminder mechanism
is that it works against a fundamental Chandler strategy of "set it and
forget it".

This morning the reminder box popped up with two items in it, both of
which I had created several months ago, and subsequently forgot about,
on purpose! When the reminders popped up this morning, I had to search
through all eight of my collections to find each item. One of the items
was "Answer this question". The reminder box provides no clues as to
where an item resides or it's associated date. One solution might be to
include more information in the item title (or whatever it's called)
when I create it, but this requires that I give serious thought to every
item I create, something that militates against a "brainstorming,
quick-entry" approach. The better solution would be to make items in the
reminder popup clickable, such that when I click on an item, I'm taken
to that item in the appropriate collection.

Rick