[chandler-users] Hub Tutorial
Lpfeffer at verizon.net
Fri Jul 11 15:35:40 PDT 2008
As part of switching to Chandler, I want to get my family to use it
too. I set up a calendar for my 12 year old daughter, published it,
and began writing a post to her on how to use the web interface. I
realized this would make a good tutorial for everyone, so I'm sending
it to you, both for comment and to ask if it can be put on the
website somewhere. It would be even more useful with screen shots,
but I wasn't going to do that in a casual e-mail.
I've removed all personal data -- Ocelot is my online pseudonym for
- - - - - - - - -
I've published a collection I call Ocelot; below are 2 URLs you can
use to see what's there. The first URL lets you change the items, the
second lets you view only. They are long, make sure you get the whole
View and Edit: https://hub.chandlerproject.org/pim/collection/...
What can you do with this?
- Ignore the orange, green, light orange and blue bars on the top
left ... those are for adding the collection to other software.
- You can use the stuff at the lower left to go to any date, either
by entering a date in the box, or clicking on a spot on the calendars.
The middle section shows lots of things. From the top:
- two buttons to choose either a list of your items or a calendar
view. Click the Calendar button, and you'll see all your items for
the chosen week (from the calendar at lower left), arranged by time
blocks. You can see that you had an overlap this week.
- The List view is more complicated. You see:
- a star if someone starred an item
- the item title
- the name of the last editor
- the date the item begins
- a word: Now, Later, or Done
- The right section of the page has details for the highlighted item
in the list or calendar view. This is where you can make changes:
- You can remove the item, or save it. You can also save by typing
<Enter> or <Return>
- a place to change the Now/Later/Done status, add a star, or e-mail
the item to someone else
- The item title, which can be changed
- Another Remove from Calendar button (I don''t know why), and a
clock(this opens the section where you can add date/time to your item)
- A place to add location info, for example "School" or "Friend's
- A checkbox if the item is all day (such as a holiday or all-day
event or task to do)
- boxes for start date/time (top line) and end date/time (bottom line)
- Continent and a city, for setting time zone
- Confirmed button, for when you and someone else are working
together on the item
- Custom and Ends, for setting up repeat items
And finally, a big box for notes, whatever you want to write here.
You can add things to the list, as I did with Test Entry. To do that,
type the item's title in the box at the top that says "Create a new
note and press (Enter)" Wait a minute or so, then you can fill in the
You can also add to existing items, or make changes to them. I'll get
notice that you've made changes in my Desktop application.
More information about the chandler-users