[chandler-users] Email in Chandler Mail and Chandler Task folders not working?

Grant Baillie grant at osafoundation.org
Wed Jul 2 12:20:52 PDT 2008

On 2 Jul, 2008, at 11:12, William K. Volkman wrote:

> Hi Mimi,
> On Wed, 2008-06-25 at 08:54, Mimi Yin wrote:
>> Thanks for all the info William, I've added it to the bug. I'm afraid
>> there isn't much else I can do until Grant has a chance to look at
>> your log.
>
> Chandler is still crippled with the email interface.  Anything I move
> into the "Chandler" folders on the IMAP server is ignored.  I've tried
> re-running the configuration of the folders however it merely reports
> that they are already there and it is doing nothing.
>
> Looking at the IMAP server log files when I select "Sync" I see
> Chandler
> only open the top level "INBOX" and scan for messages.  It never tries
> to open the "Chandler ..." folders.  Is there a limitation on mailbox
> size?  I have around 22K messages in there.

I don't believe there's an intrinsic limitation on mailbox size. But
with IMAP there are sometimes cases where clients/servers generate
very long lines in responses, which can lead to problems. That said, I
think Cyrus IMAP doesn't have such issues.

If you still have your server log, I'm curious as to how far Chandler
gets in syncing your INBOX (i.e. if it issues a CLOSE command, or
somehow gets stuck before then).

> I've grown to rely on this and now things are beginning to drop
> through
> the cracks.  Any help appreciated.

In any event, as a followup question, if you go to File >>
Accounts ..., and view your IMAP account, does the button next to
"Chandler Folders" say "Configure" or "Remove"?

--Grant