[chandler-users] managing caldav's calendar events using zanshin

Grant Baillie grant at osafoundation.org
Wed Aug 27 09:57:00 PDT 2008

Hi, Simone

There are two ways to do what you want in the CalDAV protocol:

1. Retrieve all the events in the calendar (basically, do a PROPFIND
to discover the resources of the calendar collection and issue a GET
for each one), and perform the filtering/recurrence expansion yourself.

2. Issue a calendar-query REPORT to get all events in the data range.

It sounds as if you're thinking of #2: Currently, zanshin doesn't
offer an API for it; you have to generate the XML request body
yourself and issue a REPORT. If you need more pointers on how to do
that, let me know, I think I have some code lying around that does it.

--Grant