[chandler-users] What's the difference between 'remove' and 'delete'

Jeffrey Harris jeffrey at osafoundation.org
Wed Aug 27 08:02:57 PDT 2008

Hi Eugene,

> On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 6:13 PM, Peter Cai <newptcai at gmail.com> wrote:
>> For me, it seems that these 2 action do the same thing!
>
> If an item is in multiple collections, Remove removes it from the
> current collection. Delete removes the item from all collections.

Right.

> Incidentally, I noticed that Delete moves items to the Trash, but
> removing an item that is only in one collection does not. This is
> probably a bug, although I'll wait to hear confirmation before I
> submit it.

We've gone back and forth on this, most recently we've settled on the
Dashboard counting as a collection.  That means if you have an item in a
"include in dashboard" collection, removing that item from the last
non-dashboard collection leaves the item in the dashboard.

I can't remember why we did it that way now, that may not be the ideal
behavior, but if it's a bug, it's at least intentional :)

Sincerely,
Jeffrey