[chandler-users] Calender entries for recurring items

Jeffrey Harris jeffrey at osafoundation.org
Mon Aug 25 14:00:00 PDT 2008

Hi Derrick,

> If I click on the calender button, all entries appear in month view
>
> In summary:
> 'All' button selected => Only non-recurring items appear in month view,
> all appear in triage view
> 'Calender' button selected => All entries including recurring items
> appear in month view, all appear in triage view.

Ah.  This is a known issue with the 'All' filter, recurring items don't
show up in the calendar view.

There are two axes for viewing your data, filters and views.  Most of
the time, view is list for anything except calendar, where it's
calendar.  But long ago we tried keeping the list view even when you
select the calendar filter if you select the dashboard/in/out/trash
collections.  That's been a big source of confusion for users,
unfortunately.

By default, you can only show the calendar with the calendar filter, but
it sounds like you found the menu for changing the view without changing
the filter.  We should really just disable that, since it doesn't really
work.

Sincerely,
Jeffrey