[chandler-users] User guide

Fritz Meissner meissner.fritz at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 11:30:15 PDT 2008

Mimi, I think it would be good if users got involved in the documentation
because the feeling I get from what exists is that what is presently on the
website was generated by people who were so deep into Chandler already that
they cannot explain it at the level needed by those who are seeing it for
the first time. I think the first thing needed is a glossary of
Chandler-speak : words like collection, note, sync, subscribe, publish, star
item and so on need to be explained. Second thing is a description of what
is on the screen and what it means; I must admit that you have done a pretty
good job of making most things explain themselves, but there is a lot of
detail on that screen and one is only half-using Chandler if one doesn't
understand all of it (I think - I'm still getting there myself).

I also think that the relationship between Chandler client, hub and server
needs to be very clearly explained - I had to read it a number of times
before I followed. When one comes to the home page for the first time, the
big green download button is nice, but then immediately below it is "Share
and back up with Chandler hub" which kind of makes one think that one is
downloading Chandler hub and that signing up is necessary for using
Chandler. This may be off-putting for people who just want to experiment
without giving away any info.

Fritz

After that, pretty much as Mike suggested.

Fritz