[chandler-users] Syncing new collections - what am I doing wrong ?

Fritz Meissner meissner.fritz at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 14:07:13 PDT 2008

I have Chandler 1.0 installed in three places : on my home computer which I
dual boot, so there are two instances of Chandler,one in Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy
Heron and one in Windows XP; and at work on Windows XP. I initially set up
Chandler with just Home and Work collections in Ubuntu, published these
collections, then exported to a chex file and imported it into my other two
installations. This worked like a charm, and I can add notes to the two
collections and have them sync between all three (except for the known
problem with alarms).

Then I added several more collections on my work computer and put items in
them. I published them and next time I opened up Chandler at home it noticed
the new collections and asked me what to sync in them. I told it to share
triage, event status and alarms, and it went off and told me it was syncing.
However, none of the items I added to those collections at work have
appeared on my home computer.

It looks as though there is a step I am missing here - can anyone enlighten
me ?

Fritz