[chandler-users] more timezones info

Paul Mattal paul at mattal.com
Tue Aug 19 06:05:14 PDT 2008

So here's an interesting new observation.

Today I decided Chandler had been running for too long on my home
machine (maybe a week), so I had better close and reopen it.

On exit, it dumped my records. On relaunch, it hung at 10% while using
substantial processor and disk access. It eventually decided to restore
from backup.

Each time it restores from backup (which happens in scenarios like this
about every other week), the following things happen:

1) The default timezone resets. (to America/New York).

2) All the notes I created with alarms in US/Eastern time change to
TIME-1h GMT-5:00. This is true even after I reset the time zone to
US/Eastern and restart Chandler.

3) I get that annoying "Welcome to Chandler" note in my Dashboard again.

Are all of these expected/correct behavior? How can I get my alarms to
display in my actual timezone again?

- P