[chandler-users] note taking from discussion forums, blogs, and wikis

Matt Schafer slyydawg at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 19:56:03 PDT 2008

Jason,

Version 1.0 is now official.  (No rc-anything.)  I would recommend
upgrading.  Before you do, this is how you "migrate" your data.  (I
highly recommend you do this, too.)

1.  Go to the menu File -> Export -> Chandler Data to .chex File.
Save the file wherever you can find it again easily.

2.  Now upgrade.  When you start Chandler for the first time after the
upgrade, it may ask if you want to load your data; you can choose to
do so if you like.

3.  If you want to be sure that Chandler uses the latest data (that
you just exported in step 1 above), start the new Chandler, then go to
File -> Import -> Reload Chandler Data from .chex File.  It will give
you a warning that it's going to blow away the existing data, but
that's exactly what you want, because you want to load that backup
that you made in step 1 above.

I'm not sure if you need to uninstall the old version.  But I'm using
this on Linux, so it may be different on your computer.

Matt