[chandler-users] iGoogle and iPhone (is now super) close

Jeffrey Harris jeffrey at osafoundation.org
Thu Aug 14 09:58:20 PDT 2008

Hi Adam,

> Yes Safari is working now :D However the drop down list at first did
> not show all my collections - but logging in again it seemed to pick
> them up.

Right, that's a function of the way collections are cached.  Rather than
slow down your whole iGoogle page waiting for a list of collections from
Hub, your collection list is cached on Google.  You have to log in again
to refresh the list of collections.  That seemed like a reasonable trade
off, but I probably should've publicized that more clearly.

> iPhone less so - loads up ok and I can type in details and send but I
> cannot select the pop up list and once I try it freaks out.

Yeah, Dojo's ComboBox really ought to degrade to a normal drop-down on
the iPhone; multi-touch seems to play havoc with it's click detection.

The workaround, currently, is that you can laboriously type a collection
name in.

Glad it's working for you!

Jeffrey