[chandler-users] email troubles continue

Jared Rhine jared at wordzoo.com
Wed Aug 13 10:07:18 PDT 2008

> Adam tried his best, but couldn't help me with my e-mail troubles.
> Anyone else have a suggestion?

It really really does look like the mail account information is set up
incorrectly.  There's both incoming and outgoing mail accounts to
set.  "Incoming" is IMAP or POP, "outgoing" is SMTP.  The "+OK blah"
syntax is something a POP (incoming) server says.  So where it says
"SMTP server: +OK" will look to any developer like the "incoming" and
"outgoing" information is switched.  You say that you're using the
same information that you use in Apple Mail, and I want to believe
you, but could you be a good sport and maybe post a screenshot or two
of how you have it configured in both applications?

It's possible there's a Chandler bug that somehow mixes these up
behind the scenes, but the natural place to start seems to double-
check configuration, yet again.  "When you hear hooves, don't think of
zebras..."

-- Jared