[chandler-users] Discouraging privacy policy

genelkullanim genelkullanim at plecxus.com
Sat Aug 9 09:47:15 PDT 2008

Bak,

For example check out  Privacy policy summary, item 14
"We can still hang on to your info if we change names or business
structures."

The main reason why I would use Chandler over others(for example google
calender)  is because  Chandler is created by  a non profit
organization(hoping that they would be more straight forward as well) .
Now item 14 states that one day this structure may turn into business or
some another entity which is their right to do so. But that is not what
I am signing up here. It is not like I would be against their right to
make profit for their wonderful efforts. I would also support them with
monthly or yearly donations once it is something I use. But item 14 is
vague and its implications could be outrages in the future.  I
personally think that if such structure change occurs they should let
users to decide to stay with them or not. Now I understand that this
policy change may decrease the capital value of the possible merger.
But this is a thin line and it needs careful thinking rather than
careful wording.

Thanks for the link I will check it out asap.