[chandler-users] Discouraging privacy policy

genelkullanim genelkullanim at plecxus.com
Sat Aug 9 09:47:15 PDT 2008

For example check out  Privacy policy summary, item 14
"We can still hang on to your info if we change names or business

The main reason why I would use Chandler over others(for example google
calender)  is because  Chandler is created by  a non profit
organization(hoping that they would be more straight forward as well) .
Now item 14 states that one day this structure may turn into business or
some another entity which is their right to do so. But that is not what
I am signing up here. It is not like I would be against their right to
make profit for their wonderful efforts. I would also support them with
monthly or yearly donations once it is something I use. But item 14 is
vague and its implications could be outrages in the future.  I
personally think that if such structure change occurs they should let
users to decide to stay with them or not. Now I understand that this
policy change may decrease the capital value of the possible merger.
But this is a thin line and it needs careful thinking rather than
careful wording.

Thanks for the link I will check it out asap.