[chandler-users] Discouraging privacy policy

genelkullanim genelkullanim at plecxus.com
Fri Aug 8 22:13:43 PDT 2008

Hi

I am neither a lawyer nor an expert. But I have found your privacy
policy very vague. This would be the most important aspect of such
service. To be honest there are many services web sites offer some form
of similar accounts and services. Why shall I choose Chandler especially
when it sounds like you one day vaguely delibaretly eager to give user
information to some unknown future company or companies. I understand
that many other company and foundation policies might be similar but to
me that is just an hit and run answer. Personal privacy is very
important and I personally would only choose when the service provider
seems to be eager to protect it. Not that I have anything to hide but I
would like to see companies and foundations are keeping higher standards
when it comes to user rights and privacy.

I read through your privacy policy and I am yet trying to figure out
what you really collect. Why would you call yourself OS foundation while
you carefully create a maze of privacy loopholes to eye on personal data
like many other for profit corporations to share with others?

Sorry if I sound like bitter and raged but I am not trying to attack
Osaf or their good will. But this part of the service sounds overlooked
to me. I personally would expect a non profit organization to be more
clear and direct in their privacy policy language. The policy states
that privacy is very imporant on the otherhand when I read it I do not
feel convinced about it. Maybe it is just my reading but I would like to
hear what others take on this particular matter.

http://chandlerproject.org/privacy

thanks