[chandler-users] Calendar stamping an item that already has time and date information

Mimi Yin mimi at osafoundation.org
Fri Aug 8 10:50:32 PDT 2008

Hi Daniel,

I think I know what went wrong.

If you create an item without specifically denoting that it is an
event, what gets created is a plain Note with a custom Tickler Alarm
set for whatever date/time you typed in the Quick Entry bar.

So your "Meeting with so and so next Thursday at 11AM" created a Note
with an Alarm for next Thursday at 11AM.

Then you stamped it to put it on the calendar, and by default, the
event date was set to Today.

We should add a list of words to look out for in the Quick Entry bar
like Appointment / Meeting or Lunch/Dinner/Breakfast/Brunch/Coffee
and automatically turn those items into events.

However right now, you must first type "/e" to specify that what
you're creating is an event. (/m creates messages and /s creates
starred notes. You can also combine them to create combination items
like invitations: "/e /m Meeting next Thursday at 11AM")

Give it a try and let us know if you're still not seeing the event on
the calendar in the right place.

Best,
Mimi