[chandler-users] note taking from discussion forums, blogs, and wikis

Mimi Yin mimi at osafoundation.org
Fri Aug 8 09:58:48 PDT 2008

Hi Jason,

Welcome to the users list. I would say that Chandler right now is
best able to help you make the "save the document somewhere and hope
I can find it later" part of your workflow easier.

Instead of having to invent a filing system to store all the
discussions you're collecting, you can organize the snippets into the
Chandler collections you're already maintaining to manage todos,
reminders and meetings (assuming you're using Chandler for these
kinds of things ;)

If the discussions you're collecting are relevant to the work you're
doing, you can use the NOW-LATER-DONE Triage Status to track which
ones are relevant now, might be relevant in the future and/or

Not sure what kind of work you're doing, but for example, if you find
a useful discussion on "Vaccinations and other health and medical
tips for traveling to the Amazon." You can add it to a Home
collection you share with your family (if it's a family vacation) or
a Travel collection (if it's a work expedition). If you know already
that you won't begin planning your trip to the Amazon until next
month, then you can triage the discussion to LATER with a Tickler
alarm set for next month.

In other words, Chandler can help you bridge the gap between the
information you're collecting and task management / calendaring.

Hope that answers your question!

Mimi