[chandler-users] "Another Chandler is already..." Help!

Jeffrey Harris jeffrey at osafoundation.org
Tue Aug 5 13:45:36 PDT 2008

Hi rick,

> There is yet another option, which I prefer. Synch with the Hub account.
> Whatever happens I just can remove the contents of the whole directory
> D:\Documents and Settings\XYZ\Application Data\Open Source Applications
> Foundation\Chandler. It takes just two minutes to link to the Hub
> account again and synch.

That's certainly one approach.  Unfortunately you'll lose your
preferences that way, which is a bit of a bummer.  Fortunately,  we
built 1.0rc2 today, so if you're having this problem, please upgrade and
it should be fixed.

> As long as there are not many preference settings etc the only annoying
> stuff (which actually annoys me each time I install Chandler from
> scratch) is that you have to remove all example entries. It would be
> really nice to have an option to skip the example entries.

That would be a really useful option, I agree.  Even more helpful would
be to not re-create the Welcome note every time you upgrade...

Sincerely,
Jeffrey