[chandler-users] Moving multiply items from one collection to another

Grant Baillie grant at osafoundation.org
Mon Aug 4 14:42:12 PDT 2008

On 26 Jul, 2008, at 03:31, Procter A. wrote:

> It seems I can only move one item at at time ?
>
> Even though I can shift select multiple items I can only move one  ?
> I sometimes want to grab 4 or 5 on the go items that I threw at
> dashboard or my 'inbox' collection that I want to move all at once
> to another collection.

Yes, tragically the table code changes the selection on mouse down,
not mouse up. So, by the time you begin dragging, the selection has
been changed.

I realized there's a crufty workaround, which is to use the shift/
control(*) modifiers when you click to start a drag. So, if I want to
drag five contiguous entries in the table, I click (and release) on
the first, and then shift-click-drag the fifth. Doing non-contiguous
selections requires the use of alt/control/cmd click-drag when you
select the last item.

--Grant

(*) It's command-click on the Mac; I think it's control-click on
Windows/Linux, but I haven't double-checked.