[chandler-users] RE: Another Chandler is already..." Help!

Jeffrey Harris jeffrey at osafoundation.org
Mon Aug 4 11:25:31 PDT 2008

Hi Rob,

> Thanks for all the help.  I’m running again but I’m afraid I didn’t do
> it gracefully.
>

> I just renamed the repository directory in the application data and
> downloaded everything from the hub again.  My job doesn’t allow me
> anywhere near the time I’d like to work on things to get them right.
> Maybe someday….

Sorry for the trouble!

We have found the source of your difficulties, and we've got a fix
committed, we should have Chandler 1.0rc2 available sometime today or
tomorrow.

For anyone else who has trouble with this, until you upgrade to 1.0rc2,
a workaround is to rename the file backup.chex in your profile directory
something else.  A (glaring, typo) bug in auto-restore only surfaces on
Windows for some reason.

Sincerely,
Jeffrey