[chandler-users] "Another Chandler is already..." Help!

Andre Mueninghoff andre_mueninghoff at fastmail.fm
Fri Aug 1 13:54:10 PDT 2008

An update and potential temporary solution...

I was able to restart Chandler by using the 4th Start-Up option:
"Discard recent changes until application no longer fails to start." I
tend to save frequently (regardless of what app I'm using), and it did
not appear to me that I was missing any changes. This may not be a good
solution for others.

On closing and attempting again to normally start Chandler, I got again
the same "Another Chandler..." message.

Before trying to start Chandler again, I moved the "backup.chex" file,
that Chandler automatically creates, out of the repository folder.
Chandler started without issue. On shutdown, Chandler created a new
backup.chex file. Trying to start again led again to the "Another
Chandler..." message.

What worked better for me was to press the "Skip Back Up" button on the
Chandler shut-down splash dialog.

So, it seems to me that for those having the "Another Chandler..."
problem and willing to live without an automatic backup, pressing "Skip
Back Up" on shutting down Chandler will enable a clean restart of Chandler.

FYI: Manual backups can be created via the menu File > Export > Chandler
data to .chex file...

-Andre