[chandler-users] Error compacting repository

Andi Vajda vajda at osafoundation.org
Tue Nov 6 08:39:05 PST 2007

On Tue, 6 Nov 2007, Benjamin Wilreker wrote:

> Hi guys - I received this error yesterday.  Chandler is running normally, but
> it takes a while to boot.  Is there any action I should take?
>
> 2007-11-05 15:33:08,015 repository ERROR: while compacting repository
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "C:\Program Files\Chandler0.7\parcels\osaf\app\compact.py", line 233,
> in compact
>   counts = view.repository.compact(toVersion, progressFn=progress)
> File "C:\Program Files\Chandler0.7\repository\persistence\DBRepository.py",
> line 694, in compact
>   purge()
> File "C:\Program Files\Chandler0.7\repository\persistence\DBRepository.py",
> line 666, in purge
>   version)
> File "C:\Program Files\Chandler0.7\repository\persistence\DBItemIO.py", line
> 955, in purgeDocuments
>   uItem, toVersion)
> File "C:\Program Files\Chandler0.7\repository\persistence\FileContainer.py",
> line 651, in purgeDocuments
>   ver = long(doc['version'])
> KeyError: 'version'

It looks like your full-text index is corrupt. To resolve that, please start
Chandler while pressing the ctrl-key. Then pick the 'discard full-text index'
option. Your index is going to be rebuilt after chandler restarts, if the
compacting dialog comes up, press the 'later' choice until your index rebuild
is complete.

Andi..