[chandler-users] Gmail Adds Free IMAP Support
y.pagles at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 13:27:47 PDT 2007
I am answering my own question as it was a piece of cake (yeap GMail
enabled IMAP for my account) :
* Enable IMAP for GMail :
* In Chandler: File -> Acounts -> Incoming Mail
* Fill out the following:
- Email address: <your_user_name>@gmail.com
- Server: imap.gmail.com
- User Name: <your_user_name>@gmail.com
- Password: <your gmail password>
- Protocol: IMAP
- Port: 993
* Press the button to automatically create the folders in your GMail account.
* In GMail you'll see 3 new labels. Apply any of these labels to one
of your emails.
* In Chandler press "Sync All"
* Voila your email is downloaded and stamped as Task Event or Email
depending on the label you applied in GMail.
It works out of the box :-)
On 10/25/07, Yorgos Pagles <y.pagles at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am just wondering how the GMail support could work
> with Chandler given that it would require setting up folders that
> GMail doesn't support.
More information about the chandler-users