[chandler-users] Cosmo works for local calendar, but not remote clients

Bruce Dawson jbd at codemeta.com
Mon May 28 19:22:57 PDT 2007

I've been looking for a FOSS calendar server that runs on Linux for
quite a while (since Evolution started interoperating with Exchange
servers). I've tried Bedework - but it doesn't appear sufficiently mature.

I'm now trying OSAF Cosmo (0.6). I got it loaded and working from its
built-in web site, but can't seem to get it to store events from CalDav
clients like Sunbird (0.3.1) or Lightning (also 0.3.1).  I can create an
event using the built-in web interface, but they don't show up in the
external clients. The most disappointing thing with the external clients
is there are no error messages - it just doesn't show events I create in
the built-in client. And if I create an event in either external client,
it doesn't show up in either the client or on the built-in web interface.

Note: I am using an SSH tunnel to get to the server, and the locations
I've added to the clients have the appropriate read-write ticket
information in them. I'm using the same tunnel to access the built-in
calendar server, so I don't think that's the problem.

--Bruce