[chandler-users] I've broken Cosmo.

Brian Moseley bcm at osafoundation.org
Fri Mar 30 11:24:12 PST 2007

On 3/30/07, Dave Cowen <dave at kei.com> wrote:

> I've realized that I need to set up sharing specifically for a
> calendar in the account browser, instead of for the larger "root
> level" collection in order for subscribing to iCal to work.  I've got
> that going.

priscilla, this is starting to become a theme...

> However, there's still a problem with the URL syntax for iCal 2.x.
> Cosmo provides the URL in the format:
>
> https://osaf.us:443/foo
>
> which iCal will not accept due to the https as previously reported;
> the format of the URL needs to be:
>
> http://osaf.us/foo
>
> This is as of iCal 2.0.5.  It seems to work fine with the latter URL
> format, after editing by hand.

we decided to punt on this issue, since there is a simple workaround
(removing the s manually from the url), and we didn't want to put
product/version specific code into cosmo.  the ical team is aware of
the bug and fixed it on the spot when we reported to them. presumably
the fix will make it into leopard if not an earlier security update.