[chandler-users] Don't Delete Collections that Have Subscriptions!
br at osafoundation.org
Fri Mar 16 15:10:31 PST 2007
Priss and I uncovered a fairly serious bug in the Cosmo UI - if you
are subscribed to a collection in Cosmo UI and someone deletes that
collection you cannot get to the calendar anymore, and there is no
easy fix through the account browser or DAV.
So if you give people a bookmarkable URL don't delete that collection
or else you will ruin anyone's account who has subscribed to it.
For those who have a ruined account and are somewhat savvy (aren't we
all?) you can do the following:
1) go to the calendar page (https://osaf.us/cosmo/pim) - it will
hang at the "Processing..." stage
2) Figure out the Collection Id and ticket key of the thing you
subscribed to. If your bookmarkable url looked like this:
then your collection id is "edbf0972-b5d6-442d-8de1-728307b053f7"
and your ticket key is "dtzzvhe5z0"
3) type the following into the address bar
Obviously (I hope) replace the bracketed bits with the appropriate
value. Don't forget yer quotes.
4) Hit return. You should see a page that just says "null"
5) Try accessing your calendar again.
These instructions have only been tested in Firefox. Not sure how
well they work in other browsers....
More information about the chandler-users