[chandler-users] subscribe to google calendar with chandler

Morgen Sagen morgen at osafoundation.org
Thu Mar 8 13:13:02 PST 2007

On Mar 8, 2007, at 12:51 PM, ActiveStudios (Aubrey) wrote:

> it'd be fantastic if I could subscribe to google calendar with
> chandler.   What's the ups and downs of that?

Chandler can subscribe to the "ICS" url for a Google calendar.  While
viewing your Google calendar in your web browser, click on the down
arrow to the right of the calendar you want Chandler to subscribe
to.  In the menu that pops up, click "Share this calendar".  Next,
click on "Calendar Details", and then look for a section labeled
"Private Address:"  Right-click on the green "ICAL" button and select
"Share > Subscribe..." menu, paste the link you just copied into the
"Subscribe to Shared Collection" dialog, and click the "Subscribe"
button.

Note, you won't be able to make change to the Calendar via Chandler.
The Google url provides read-only access.

~morgen

P.S.  I have tested this with the most recent version of Chandler,
and not with 0.7 alpha 4, so I can't guarantee it will work with that
version of Chandler.