[chandler-users] Jeffrey's migration report
jeffrey at osafoundation.org
Thu Jun 14 15:58:42 PDT 2007
Today I finally took the plunge and moved my outdated alpha4 "real
dogfooding data" Chandler over to the trunk.
The big takeaway: I was delighted at how well everything worked. I only
had a few hundred items (spread around in Choir calendar, Personal
calendar, Projects, Stuff to buy, and Helping mom), so my experience
isn't necessarily typical, but everything went smoothly, not a traceback
in sight, and things progressed more quickly than I was expecting.
Setting up Chandler to grab messages from my IMAP account worked
perfectly (I had to restart Thunderbird to see my new Chandler folders,
but that was no big deal).
I noticed a similar issue (I believe it's a known issue) with Cosmo, the
list of existing collections didn't update unless I logged out and
logged back in.
A desktop issue I noticed as I migrated was that if I triaged any items
that had been subscribed to from my alpha4 shares, they immediately
moved to the top of their section instead of staying in place until I
hit the triage button. That was mildly annoying, but didn't really get
in my way.
Aside from that, so far so could. Now I, too, can climb onto the daily
export/reload treadmill as I dogfood recent revisions.
More information about the chandler-users