[chandler-users] IRC QA session, Wednesday June 6th 11:00 AM PDT

Aparna Kadakia aparna at osafoundation.org
Wed Jun 6 00:04:45 PDT 2007

Hello Everyone,
This is a reminder about tomorrow's collaborative QA session on IRC
at 11:00 AM PDT in the #chandler channel.

Tomorrow we will collectively validate resolved bugs that are
targeted for Chandler 0.7 release.

Thanks to Mikeal, we have another bot in all of the osaf channels
called "twisted-soup" with a few new cool features.

The one we'll be using for the next QA session is called "bugzilla
bugbash" feature. This feature keeps track of people and the bugs
they pick to validate, keeping a simple web page for people to look
at during any point in the session to see who has what.

The bot warns you if you take a bug that is already taken. Also it
warns you if you try to verify a bug that you haven't taken.  This
will help us be more productive and avoid stepping on each other.

The 2 commands to remember are :
.take <bug number>
.verify <bug number>

Here's a snippet of the bugbash session we did this afternoon

Start the bugbash;

<mikeal> .bugzilla_bugbash
<twisted-soup> starting bugbash http://people.osafoundation.org:8081/
bugzilla/bugbash/nothing

The web page keeps a list of all the users that have taken bugs and
verified bugs.

Taking ownership of a bug;

<mikeal> .take 31337
<twisted-soup> mikeal has taken 31337

Twisted-soup won't allow two people to take the same bug. Once you
mark the bug verified you'll want to tell twisted-soup that you've
done so.

<mikeal> .verify 31337
<twisted-soup> mikeal has verified 31337

You cannot take a bug that is already taken.

<aparna>.take 31337
<twisted-soup> sorry aparna, 31337 is already taken

Some features we're lacking are; un-taking a bug, generating a list
of available bugs and restricting the taking of bugs to those that
are not already verified or closed in bugzilla ( we'll probably need
bugzilla 3.0 for this ).

* Remember this bot does not interface with Bugzilla so you will
still need to update the bugs in Bugzilla manually *

---------------

Here's the list of resolved bugs targeted for 0.7 alpha5 and 0.7
release:
http://tinyurl.com/2tls39

Open bugs assigned to Chandler 0.7 release:
http://tinyurl.com/2th9le

Please, sort on the bug number and start with the more recent bugs.

If you haven't already, please download the latest checkpoint build
from:
http://downloads.osafoundation.org/chandler/checkpoints/20070605/

or update your local svn sources.

If the bug is indeed fixed, change the status of the bug to
'Verified' and put the svn revision number or the build number in the
comments section so we know which version it was verified on.

If you are unable to verify the bug because the expected results are
different from the actual results, then change the bug to 'Reopened'
and again put the revision number or build number in the comments
section. This helps the developer to debug which build or revision
did the feature break in.

Thanks
Aparna