[chandler-users] introduction

Davor Cubranic cubranic at cs.ubc.ca
Sun Jan 21 22:49:38 PST 2007

Mitch Kapor wrote:
> Hi, I'm Mitch Kapor.  I started OSAF and I'm one of the earliest
> dogfooders (regular users) of Chandler.  I'll be posting my triumphs
> and frustrations as an intensive user or the product.  Right now, my
> assistant, Esther Sun, maintains my calendar, and I subscribe to it
> with a read-write ticket and occasionally make changes.
Hi Mitch and everybody else on the list,

I am a relatively recent dogfooder of Chandler, but a long time user of
PIMs (Agenda, EccoPro). I'm impressed with how far Chandler has come
already, and am looking forward to a5 and Preview. Right now, I use it
for light calendaring and task tracking, all synced between a couple of
machines that I use at work and at home. Chandler is just fine for these
tasks right now, but I would like to be able to use it as a real "GTD
filing cabinet", so that both my action and information items are in one
place, and easy to enter, monitor, and find. I know that GTD is used to
guide OSAF design work already, and a lot of the infrastructure seems
already to be there under the hood in Chandler, so I've no doubt that
this is the application I'll use for my information management more and
more as it matures and grows in capabilities. Thanks to you and the
entire OSAF team,

Davor