[chandler-users] Email problem

Brian Kirsch bkirsch at osafoundation.org
Wed Dec 19 14:40:11 PST 2007

Hi Warren,
I believe the confusion is that Chandler is not currently a full
fledge email client and
will only download messages sent from other Chandler users.

 From the Chandler Wiki FAQ:

Chandler is not a full-fledged email client. Do not expect to be able
to replace your current email application with Chandler Preview.
However, Chandler does send and receive email as well as download
messages via IMAP folders in the following ways:

     * Send items from Chandler Desktop to others via email. Everyone
can view the contents of the item in their email applications as
message text. Chandler Desktop recipients receive the item as a full-
fledged Chandler item.
     * Chandler Desktop users can edit and resend emails as updates.
     * Chandler Desktop only downloads email sent from other Chandler
Desktop applications.
     * Set up special Chandler IMAP folders to drag and drop messages
from your email application to Chandler.

I hope this solves your issue,
Brian

Brian Kirsch
Internationalization Architect / Mail Service Engineer
Open Source Applications Foundation
543 Howard Street 5th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94105
http://www.osafoundation.org