[chandler-users] Chandler User Survey

Dave Cowen dave at kei.com
Thu Dec 6 10:57:59 PST 2007

1. Do you use the Desktop app, Chandler Hub web app and/or running
your own instance of Chandler Server?

Desktop and Hub (I guess it's not "my own" instance of Server. ;)

2. Are you using the app just as a calendar or are you taking
advantage of the task features?

Just as a calendar, although I've worked with the task features.

3. Are you using other applications with Chandler Hub / Chandler
Server? e.g. Apple iCal, Evolution, Sunbird/Lightening, etc.?

I've tried using iCal with Hub.

4. Are you using Chandler for home or work? Do you use it for managing
personal tasks and calendars or with a group or both?

Just for work.

5. Are you sharing just Calendars or lists of Tasks and Notes as well?

Just calendars.

6. Do you run Chandler Desktop on multiple machines and "share with
yourself"?

Yes.

7. If you could pick one feature to have implemented, what would it be?

User-based access control.

8. What top 3 bugs do you think are the most important to fix?

Bugs:
1) Can't rename some shared calendars in Desktop (resulting in a whole
lot of "Work" collections).
2) The overall lagginess of Desktop, especially when creating a new
calendar entry or task, is still a huge issue for me.  Firing up a
mail message to send into RT, switching to and opening a task list
entry in iCal, opening up textedit to jot a note, or even creating a
new task in Hub each take less than 1 second on my machine and
generally don't impact my "train of thought".  It takes 3-4 seconds to
open up a new task or calendar entry in Desktop, even if Desktop is
open and in focus, and sometimes things just don't open after waiting
those 4 seconds (or I find Chandler needs to load from scratch) --
resulting in a complete derailment.
3) Interop with existing tools is still difficult.  It's hard to
subscribe to a hub calendar with a ticket in iCal and share with folks
using iCal.

9. Is there any documentation/information you were looking for but
couldn't find?

No.