[chandler-users] Chandler User Survey

Reid Ellis rae at osafoundation.org
Thu Dec 6 09:34:25 PST 2007

On Dec 5, 2007, at 14:15, Sheila Mooney wrote:
> 1. Do you use the Desktop app, Chandler Hub web app and/or running
> your own instance of Chandler Server?

Desktop and Hub.

> 2. Are you using the app just as a calendar or are you taking
> advantage of the task features?

Both calendar and tasks.

> 3. Are you using other applications with Chandler Hub / Chandler
> Server? e.g. Apple iCal, Evolution, Sunbird/Lightening, etc.?

No. I started off on iCal (my calendars are ics imports from iCal),
but haven't had to run it in quite a while.

> 4. Are you using Chandler for home or work? Do you use it for
> managing personal tasks and calendars or with a group or both?

Home and work. At home I gave a read/write URL to everyone in my
family for the "family calendar". Like most people, I named this
collection "home".

> 5. Are you sharing just Calendars or lists of Tasks and Notes as well?

I put tasks on "home", and my wife sometimes looks at the tasks and
has added a few (only once though).

> 6. Do you run Chandler Desktop on multiple machines and "share with
> yourself"?

Yes. Desktop and laptop.

> 7. If you could pick one feature to have implemented, what would it
> be?

Faster startup time. My whole machine (quad-core 3GHz Mac Pro) comes
to a crawl when launching, mostly because of massive disk access.

> 8. What top 3 bugs do you think are the most important to fix?

1. rearchitecture
2. month view bugs :-)
3. printing    (... no, really!)

> 9. Is there any documentation/information you were looking for but
> couldn't find?

plugin info was hard to find until the recent thread showing how to
access items from a plugin. That should be put on the wiki and
hilighted on the dev page. Hm, I think I will do that later today.

Reid