[chandler-users] Chandler User Survey

Grant Baillie grant at osafoundation.org
Thu Dec 6 08:17:04 PST 2007

On 5 Dec, 2007, at 11:15, Sheila Mooney wrote:

> 1. Do you use the Desktop app, Chandler Hub web app and/or running
> your own instance of Chandler Server?

90% desktop, 10% hub

> 2. Are you using the app just as a calendar or are you taking
> advantage of the task features?

Calendar & task

> 3. Are you using other applications with Chandler Hub / Chandler
> Server? e.g. Apple iCal, Evolution, Sunbird/Lightning, etc.?

Nope

> 4. Are you using Chandler for home or work? Do you use it for
> managing personal tasks and calendars or with a group or both?

Mainly personal tasks and calendars (home and work). I share a
calendar on the hub with my wife (who uses the web app to update, and
syncs with iCal).

> 5. Are you sharing just Calendars or lists of Tasks and Notes as well?

Calendars.

> 6. Do you run Chandler Desktop on multiple machines and "share with
> yourself"?

No: I use .chex files to sync between machines, though I do this
rarely nowadays.

> 7. If you could pick one feature to have implemented, what would it
> be?

Being able to group tasks into projects. I kind of have a kludge going
to get this working for personal projects (essentially, representing a
project as a Chandler Task, and checking off sub-tasks within a list),
but this doesn't scale to multiple users (i.e. multiple "next actions"
within the project).

> 8. What top 3 bugs do you think are the most important to fix?

The ones that irk me especially are: repeated recurrence dialog,
having to click twice to mark NOW items DONE.

> 9. Is there any documentation/information you were looking for but
> couldn't find?

No, but I'm kind of an insider :).

--Grant