[chandler-users] Chandler User Survey

Henry henry78 at gmx.at
Wed Dec 5 23:37:29 PST 2007

> 1. Do you use the Desktop app, Chandler Hub web app and/or running your own
> instance of Chandler Server?

I use Chandler Server and Desktop.

> 2. Are you using the app just as a calendar or are you taking advantage of
> the task features?

It's mainly a calendar, though I play around with tasks from time to
time. But up to now I'vent seen an application that fits my tasking
needs. Chandler has the right idea, maybe it'll make it.

> 3. Are you using other applications with Chandler Hub / Chandler Server?
> e.g. Apple iCal, Evolution, Sunbird/Lightening, etc.?

I used to use Evolution, but the Caldav support broke some versions ago.
I'm eagerly awainting this to be fixed.

> 4. Are you using Chandler for home or work? Do you use it for managing
> personal tasks and calendars or with a group or both?

Soley personal, but I manage different calendars (switching from on
calendaring/pim to the next, beeing unsatisfied with a lot, thought me
to keep the data in different calendars, just if something breaks during
So i got a Calendar for offical Holidays, work, private and university.
I'd say 90% of the time I'm the only one who uses it. Sometimes my
girlfried puts something on the calendard, because she knows that what
isn't in my caldendar doesn't exist.

> 5. Are you sharing just Calendars or lists of Tasks and Notes as well?

> 6. Do you run Chandler Desktop on multiple machines and "share with
> yourself"?

Yes Clients all Linux.

> 7. If you could pick one feature to have implemented, what would it be?

Uh! That like: a Dschinn give you three wishes for free... I'm usually
unable to anser such questions. But maybe a smarter triage

> 8. What top 3 bugs do you think are the most important to fix?

* Evolution connection
* Printing

> 9. Is there any documentation/information you were looking for but couldn't
> find?

I read "Dreaming in Code", and completely uncertain how much of the
Chandler vision is already implemented: Am I able to import various data
to chandler? Attach images, etc. to items? Organize the music collection
(just kidding).

Keep your great work, boys and girls, I'm very anxious to see the next
version of chandler.

kind regards, Henry