[chandler-users] Chandler User Survey

Henry henry78 at gmx.at
Wed Dec 5 23:37:29 PST 2007

> 1. Do you use the Desktop app, Chandler Hub web app and/or running your own
> instance of Chandler Server?

I use Chandler Server and Desktop.

> 2. Are you using the app just as a calendar or are you taking advantage of
> the task features?

It's mainly a calendar, though I play around with tasks from time to
time. But up to now I'vent seen an application that fits my tasking
needs. Chandler has the right idea, maybe it'll make it.

> 3. Are you using other applications with Chandler Hub / Chandler Server?
> e.g. Apple iCal, Evolution, Sunbird/Lightening, etc.?

I used to use Evolution, but the Caldav support broke some versions ago.
I'm eagerly awainting this to be fixed.

> 4. Are you using Chandler for home or work? Do you use it for managing
> personal tasks and calendars or with a group or both?

Soley personal, but I manage different calendars (switching from on
calendaring/pim to the next, beeing unsatisfied with a lot, thought me
to keep the data in different calendars, just if something breaks during
migrations).
So i got a Calendar for offical Holidays, work, private and university.
I'd say 90% of the time I'm the only one who uses it. Sometimes my
girlfried puts something on the calendard, because she knows that what
isn't in my caldendar doesn't exist.

> 5. Are you sharing just Calendars or lists of Tasks and Notes as well?

Calendards.

> 6. Do you run Chandler Desktop on multiple machines and "share with
> yourself"?

Yes Clients all Linux.

> 7. If you could pick one feature to have implemented, what would it be?

Uh! That like: a Dschinn give you three wishes for free... I'm usually
unable to anser such questions. But maybe a smarter triage

> 8. What top 3 bugs do you think are the most important to fix?

* Evolution connection
* Printing

> 9. Is there any documentation/information you were looking for but couldn't
> find?

I read "Dreaming in Code", and completely uncertain how much of the
Chandler vision is already implemented: Am I able to import various data
to chandler? Attach images, etc. to items? Organize the music collection
(just kidding).

--

Keep your great work, boys and girls, I'm very anxious to see the next
version of chandler.

kind regards, Henry