[chandler-users] PostgreSQL support

BALATON Zoltan balaton at eik.bme.hu
Tue Dec 4 08:36:11 PST 2007

Hello,

Although the documantation did not say PostgreSQL is supported it was
mentioned in the server.xml configuration so I decided to give it a try.
All I managed to get were some error messages to the effect:

WARN  [AnnotationSessionFactoryBean] Unsuccessful schema statement: create
table attribute (attributetype varchar(16) not null, id bigint not null,
createdate bigint, etag varchar(255), modifydate bigint, localname
varchar(255) not null, namespace varchar(255) not null, binvalue
blob(102400000), booleanvalue smallint, datevalue timestamp, tzvalue
varchar(32), decvalue numeric(19,6), textvalue clob(102400000), intvalue
bigint, stringvalue varchar(2048), itemid bigint not null, primary key
(id), unique (itemid, namespace, localname))

PSQLException: ERROR: syntax error at or near "("

and so on. Is this because:

1. I've tried something unsupported that is not supposed to work anyway.
2. I have a configuration error in my database server or Chandler Server.
3. I hit a bug that could be fixed.
4. Or something completely different.

Thank you,
BALATON Zoltan