[chandler-users] Re: Call for feedback on Chandler demo movies

Mimi Yin mimi at osafoundation.org
Fri Aug 24 19:06:21 PDT 2007

Thanks for the positive comments Chris. See more below.

On Aug 24, 2007, at 2:29 PM, Chris Haumesser wrote:

> I was surprised at the size of the videos (I chose to download them
> for offline viewing).  Do you plan to offer a flash version and/or
> post on youtube?

Yes! Bear is working hard on that :)

>> 2. Do you prefer the demos with or without background music? You
>> can  compare Exp_Smorgasbord-QE.mov with No_Music_Smorgasbord-QE.mov)
>

> I like having music, but I think the tracks here are a little too
> percussive, as they tend to cover up your voice.

Yea, I will need to explore the garage band loops some more. I got
carried away with those maracas.

>> 3. What portions of the demos are confusing?
>

> I don't personally find any of the videos confusing, but I suspect
> they may be too fast for some audiences.  For instance, I don't
> think my parents could watch this series of videos, and then fire
> up Chandler and be able to immediately replicate the magic they saw
> you conjuring.
>
> It's a great demo of the workflow for a savvy user or someone with
> some beginning Chandler familiarity already.  You might need to
> slow things down and explain a little more for the beginner crowd.

Yes, the theory is that preview release will mostly attract early
adopter types / productivity software geeks.

I'm hoping to build another round of screencasts around 'actual usage
scenarios' as Ted suggested.

Thx again for taking the time to watch the demos.